Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Proof!

Greetings!

I've downloaded two more videos for you all! It rained hard this week and I think I captured it perfectly. E. was feeling rather adventurous and wanted to prove to you all the RAIN we have to endure. These videos were taken at the beginning of the typhoon (i thoroughly enjoy using that word)...you can imagine how much more rain filled the streets later on;)




We had a holiday this past Wednesday. It was Constitution day, I believe. Obviously not that big of a deal cause I had to work! After work I met up with some of the staff for a supper meeting at Sovanna Shopping Center...except of course, I went to the wrong shopping center and had to make them wait while I took another motto to get to the actual destination! Yes, these happenings seem to happen often! I'm beginning to think they are part of my character....sadly.

Anyways, the story isn't about me getting mixed up! It's about my journey to the actual destination that brought me such trauma. Okay it was around 5:30/6pm, so it was getting dark. I had taken a motto that I knew from our corner. Reliable. Trustworthy. But when the darkness set in I felt a bit unsafe. On the way to the first center the clouds started to darken. I was scared it was going to break out in thunder any minute.

All of a sudden I heard sirens. I looked back to see not 4, but 5 half tons filled with millitary staff. They were armed. Automatically I froze with fear. My motto slowed down and hugged the curb. My mind started to race. It was Constitution Day. I thought about all the stories I had heard about Pol Pot, about when the people thought they could celabrate because of their independence but instead they were massacred. My mind automatically went to the most horrific places. "I'm going to die", I thought. Yep. It's the end.

As the trucks passed me, the soldiers of course noticed my white skin. I was both scared and embarrassed at the same time. What to do?...so I smiled! Oh dear. Well, honestly, what else was I supposed to do? They had guns for goodness sake!! They passed. No gun shots. No death....yet. (excuse my over dramatization of such a simple, silly event...but I am Kimberly Foster...and it is a bit scary to see shotguns!)

Later on in my travels to the "right" shopping center, I came across a major motto accident. Three mottos involved. I only saw one casualty; a large laceration to the ride leg. I was still scared spitless about the rifles so I stuck to my motto dop like a burr to a cat, no way was I going to attempt to get off and help him! I think the mottos involved were hauling tubs of petrol b/c there was petrol all over the street. I was worried something would catch it on fire and I hoped my motto dop would not drive through it! But...he did. I put my little white arms about my motto dops waist and prayed for God to take me quickly!

Needless to say, I survived the entire evening without any bullet wounds or burns!

Thank you for your continued prayers of safety and protection...you can see how much I need them!

1 comment:

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.