Monday, September 22, 2008

Officially pumped.

I am officially counting down the days until this weekend.
It's Festival of the Dead. I'm not even gonna attempt to write the Khmer name for it! Buddhist Cambodians head to the temples during this very "special" festival to offer sacrifices and gifts to Buddha. Let's just say the monks will eat well.

Big EZ and I are heading out of town though to the BEACH. Sihanoukville to be exact. It's about a 2 hour bus ride from lovely PP. Our beautiful hotel is equiped with AC, a pool, free breakfast, two single beds and is a hop skip and a jump from the ocean. And the going rate is a whapping 20 USD!

Okay, so the beach excites me; tanning the bod, reading a good book and sleeping... but what I'm most excited about is one of our day trips that we're planning. It's to Ream National Park. About half an hour motto ride (apparantly) from Sihanoukville to the...jungle! We're going on a boat tour through the Mangroves to an island where we can go snorkeling around the corral! And yes Crystal, I do recognize that snorkeling involves fish being around me but I'm gonna do it! And we also are going to take a hike through the jungle. I'll be sure to post some pics of our adventure!

love,
Kimmy

No comments: