Monday, September 22, 2008

untitled.

Hey.

Before I get into the rest of my post I want to share some things that Eileen and I experienced this past weekend.

1. My motto driver Run is OFFICIALLY obsessed with me! He calls me on the weekends, he surprises me when I'm walking down the street with a "free" motto ride down the block, he sits outside our gate so that I HAVE to use him to get to work, AND he has now bought a brand new motto to impress me on the weekends with! It's green, so I think it's nice...E. thinks it's ugly.

2. We met some possible new friends at church. They are Canadians! She's working with Samaritan's Purse and he is an Engineer. I was so excited to talk to them I got a little giggly, loud and overdramatic...needless to say they still wanted our numbers. Yes!

3. And finally, while eating lunch after Church at Boddhi Tree a MASSIVE rat ran right beside my foot! It was probably a foot long, not including the tail!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was Brothel Outreach again. We took a short motto ride through the CRAZY traffic where one of our girl's lives. It seemed like a busy place! The owner of the brothel came and introduced himself to Ruthie and I. He was quite proud of himself and very hospitable to us!

It began raining as soon as we sat down inside on the wooden framed beds. No mattresses. No pillows. Just a mat. All of the children ran outside for a shower! Completely stripped down right infront of us and had a little bit of a wash! Even the Yay's (gramma's) stripped half way naked and cooled off! It was a funny sight. I guess thinking about it; it's a strange thing to sit on a bed with half naked men in a brothel!! Yet it was so normal.

The gramma's are so cute. They all have shaved heads and they have the worst teeth ever! Today they got really close and looked like they wanted to eat me! Don't worry, I got away.

We treated about 30 people today. I had 3 women with serious STI issues, numerous men with gastric reflux, some MAJOR hypertensive women and one girl with an actual perforated ear drum!! We passed out a lot of condoms to the extremely embarassed and also extremely ripped guys and then we were on our way.

Here's a short video of the Tuol Thom Pong market:

love,

Kimmy

No comments: