Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wish I were there...

Hello. I know this a bit late but E. and I have taken a video greeting for Aaron and Juanita on their wedding day! We truly wished we were there to share in the celebration so we had one of our own...oh and please be easy on us ladies. It's a bit embarassing making a video like this;)



Well, I haven't shared since our holidays to the beach! It was lovely, wet, and an adventure for sure! It's the rainy season so of course it rained EVERYDAY...but we managed to get a tan, eat good food, go bush wacking and make new friends!

This past Saturday some staff from Daughter's and I took 10 children to a water park! We piled all 10 of them in a tuk tuk and then the rest of us traveled by motto. It was so much fun!! Some of the kids had never swam before and they tried their hardest but drowned frequently. I was the nurse/lifeguard with Nurse Ruth and we definetly had our hands full! Children drowning left and right was not part of our SAturday Outing plan..but oh well, we managed to pile them back into the tuk tuk and got them home in one piece for their Mama's!! (Just to add; they laughed hysterically at my bathingsuit! It was a tankini for goodness sakes!)

There is a wonderful school called Luxton School in the north end of Winnipeg that my nephews went to for a while. They have this family center that the mom's and their younger children can hang out in and wait for their children to be done for the day. Of course I popped in every once in a while and became Aunty Kim to all of the little kids! I thought of them today as I had to babysit a 3 week old baby girl and our little Caleb (11 months old) while their mom's worked upstairs and while I oversaw a cocconut/christmas decoration making class I run every tues/thurs. I pretended I was in Winnipeg and that the baby who just peed on me was Vicky's little Graham!! They call me Ming Kim here. Ming means aunty! Ahhh....I like the sound of that!

Here's a small pic of a meal some of us shared at FCC, it is a Western run restaurant/bar down by the riverfront. It is a very historical site for westerners in Cambodia. This is where the UN came to take all of the westerners out of the country during the Khmer Rouge. I think a helicopter was involved and a lot of scary moments too....

Ruthie on the left, then E., Charlotte (our new friend from UK) and me!

No comments: