Thursday, August 14, 2008

Keepin my Peeps Happy!

Ladies and Gents! Soks a Bi? Hope all is well on the home front...you're in for a little treatie treat treat...vids and pics for y'all: (oh, but you have to let me know if they're crap. The internet here is way too slow for me to watch them...so I have no idea if they are even loaded correctly)

First video is my motto ride home today. Not as much traffic as usual, I got out earlier from Clinic!! Just to give you an idea of my Surroundings and ...the speed at which I travel!



We've got RAIN folks. I'm talking a Torrential downpour people. Craziness happening this side of the globe. Seriously. Eileen and I got stuck at a photoshop and gave up waiting it out...the electricity was out for more then an hour...pretty normal though...
Okay next vid is taken while we were making a run for it to get home. I was leading the pack and completely soaked to the bone when I quickly stopped and hid us under a little food stand tarp overhang. We look like we're having fun but really, come on, it's a complete show. I never have fun anywhere I go...cough cough...the end.

We got completely soaked. Which brings me to my next pic. Our lovely neighborhood tuk tuk that has sort of, along with probably 4 other younger men, decided to take us ladies under their wings! If we need a ride? Their on it. If I can't work my phone. Their on it. If I need someone to wave at me while I walk down the street? Their are ON it! He knew we were walking and got caught in the rain so he came looking for us. We were running home, completely soaked and he drove up and said, "You ride. Free!" Ahhh, our night in shining armor. A little Khmer gentlemen!

Okay so my computer is saying no to me trying to add more pics/vids so be patient, keep your sun bonnets on and stay tuned for more action to come!

Oh, and I should add that miraculously the lady with the very malnourished baby came to the clinic on Tuesday to ask for help with her baby. She's never been at the clinic before. Just as I was giving the babe some Ibuprofen and antibiotics a lady nurse from an organization down the street showed up and said she had found a home for both the mom and her two children! It happened way too perfectly to be called a coincidence. It turns out the mom has AIDS which means the baby probably is HIV pos. as well, making it difficult to stay healthy and nourished as it is then. I guess I underestimated the Big Guy cause they've gone to stay at a hospice!

Oh and you may find it funny to read Eileen's blog (the link is at the top right: "Kampuchea Travels") about the RAT. I so was NOT that scared. Really, I'd say she was way more scared then me! Pssh, me, A scaredy cat?...never...

Keep fit and have fun people,

Love Kimmy Alice xxx

oh and happy b-day LJ!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
It was nice to see those videos and hear your voice! I'm also happy to hear that the mom and baby are getting help. Cindy