Saturday, August 23, 2008

Birds and Boys.

Let's talk boys for a second. First of all, let me just inform you on what I mean by "boy". A male between the ages of 18-29 (well, maybe 30)

Okay, so first of all I think I've re-entered the stage in my life where I've become much too too too too shy to speak to boys. Or, I guess I could say WHITE boys. Yes, there are some here but when I see white boys I get very flustered, a bit more redder then I already am, and then I seriously turn and run the other way or I do something rediculously strange.

Exhibit A.
I'm serious, whenever there are hot white boys around I stare at them as if they are some strange creature that is vaguely familiar to me. Eileen thinks she's so sweet by pointing them out for me. Like I'm a little baby girl just learning what the word, "boy" is!! We were at the market a couple weeks ago and I'm serious, Eileen stalked a group of "them" with amazing Australian accents for me! We probably followed them for like 20 minutes. AGAIN, I was much too scared to even look at their faces.

Exhibit B.
We were at the pool today. We have a gym pass at Hotel Cambodiana so we also have free access to the pool!! We worked out this morning and then we headed to the pool to cool off and catch some rays. (which, may I just say; Mom, I so put on sunscreen this time! But I burnt anyways!!) Okay so let me give you the low down on this pool "area". It's apparantly prime pigeon roaming ground. Yes. And if you don't already know; I am very fearful of birds; well, really anything that has wings and flutters them at me!

Okay so there we are. Just bobbing about in the cool water, under a gorgeous S.E. Asian sky and, of course, the BIRDS come. Okay, so two birds came. But still, I swear they are purposefully coming for me! They fluttered down to where I was bobbing and I freaked out! I splashed, I screamed, I whimpered (the cute kind of whimper mind you...). Yeah, Eileen says she's scared of them too but I don't believe her. Her responses soooo say the opposite!

Okay so later we're lying on our amazingly hot little suntan/lounge chairs and Eileen all of a sudden says in a really low and slow voice, "Kim. Oh my. Kiiiiiim". My first thought? BIRDS. I'm serious. I'm tense the whole time I'm at the pool. I hear a flutter and I think...Doom! Okay, so I immidiately got into the fetal position and started kicking those Merry Foster Legs, fanning my towel out as a shield...while the whole time with my eyes closed. Of course? Of course!

So Eileen starts laughing at me. The kind of laughing that involves a LOT of eye rolling. So...apparantly there were no birds about to peck out my eyes....there was a hot white boy at 2 o'clock having a shower (bathing suit clothed) out on the deck!! Ahhh. Dang it! I was sure that I made a complete fool out of myself...but I guess he did smile at me when he left to go inside?!!!!!

And there you go: Two reasons why I'll be single forever; Exhibit A and B.

Okay so that's white boys. But let me tell you about Khmer boys. Cute? yes. I have a small (well maybe a bit bigger then "small", maybe medium) crush on one of my motto drivers. His name, which we learned today, is Td'ill. Pernouncing this one is difficult. But, seeing how I have a crush on the boy I think I'll learn it fast enough;) Okay, so he's the shyest boy ever. He has the greatest smile and a tan to die for! Eileen and I took mottos today around town. I was with Run (my usual driver) and I "let" Eileen have Td'ill. It was fun. But Eileen and I think we have to hold in the reigns a bit. Run started asking, "You have man?" Oh dear!

So, I know it's a bit fluffy and so immature to devote a whole blog entry to boys...but hey, I'm a girl!

Peace out,
K.A.F.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you calling me a boy?

Riding the Sunset said...

Isn't it funny how you can go half way around the world and hormones dont change lol! i LOVE reading your blog by the way and the way you write is beautiful! take care babe!

Kimberly Foster said...

yes, dan the man. I purposefully included your age. You are still a boy to me.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Boys are facinating!
Cindy

Matt Eichel said...

It's all about confidence Kim...hey, you never know maybe that boy from the pool thinks you are cute and hopes you're there next time.

Kimberly Foster said...

I hope you're right "crazy dude"!
I agree about the confidence thing: I gotta boost it up a bit, I think. I'm workin it, don't worry;)