Thursday, August 7, 2008

Is it Possible?

Hey there my readers!
It seems like we're getting into the roll of things here now. And my first homesick day set in....yesterday. I just was sooo sad. That's all I could say to Eileen. There's a number of reasons but let's just leave those for another time.

Okay, so in amongst the pitty party I was having with myself, I started thinking about our actions. I was very aware of the weight of our decision on others when Eileen and I set out on our Asian Adventure! The good byes at the airport were difficult. I was sad that others were sad but also I felt a bit guilty. Like I was the reason for Mallory's rolling tears or Crystal's heavy sobs (sorry ladies). "Why were we doing this?" was a common thought that E. and I would say on the way to Cambodia.

So I know for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Meaning we are all connected. And in a way that's a good thing; it reveals the depth of our relationships and that we actually really mean something to someone else. We matter.

So then that got me thinking that if we affect eachother so much, I want to be someone who makes wise decisions, so that my actions bless not blunder those around me. For the betterment of not only my future but my future family's and our community I want to have discernment. That means, I guess, and I know this may completely come off as lame, but it means I wish to be a Wife of Noble Character (Proverbs 31:10-31).

I was in a women's book club a year or so ago and we looked at this passage. And the question was asked, "Is it possible to be a women like that?" And I think that's a very good question. Hmmm....what do I think? We'll get back to this.

Some points they make of this "Noble Women" are:

She has value far more then riches. Her husband has full confidence in her. She brings good not harm. She has a good work ethic and is useful. She considers others. She has discernment and good judgment. She is generous. She does not worry. She loves beauty and takes care of herself. And my favorite part is verse 25-26; She is clothed in strength and dignity...she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue...

Titus 2:3-5

She is reverent. She is Love. She is self-controlled, pure, busy and KIND.

1 Peter 3:1-6

Without words she shows with her behaviour that she is pure and reverent. Her beauty does not come from decorating her body. Her beauty is of a gentle and quiet spirit. She does not give way to FEAR.

I think our world confuses women. We're supposed to be strong, sporty and independent...a business mind. On the other hand we're supposed to be gentle, delicate and mothering... We're supposed to be beautiful and thin and magestic. OR we're supposed to be weak and need a MAN to swoop down and save us. BUT...we can't be all those things at once. We were each made differently...and when we stop and breathe...and realize that in our uniqueness we are all women of the Lord, then we give ourselves room to fly!
a poem I wrote:

For I am a Woman

Gather the angels around
Lift up the Sun and let the colors of Heaven drop down
Release the powers of the Sea
and call out the Trees of Authenticity
For I am a Woman
and Beauty exists in me.

I am the Lover of the Meek
The Seeker of the Lost
I am the Mother of the Future
and will perservere no matter the cost
For I am a Woman
and Beauty exists in me.

Let me woe you with my smile
and excite you with my eyes
You will be saved by my gentle ways,
you will dread my good byes
For I am a Woman
and Beauty exist in me.

I will impress you with my mind
and captivate you with my essence
I am matchless and one of a kind
and I pray, that as you stand in my presence
you will see;
Love created this spirit and body so
I am a Woman
and Beauty exists in me.

Yeah, it might be a tad sappy but I like it.
So, can a women of Noble Character be attained by the modern woman? I'm not sure yet, but I'm definetly going to try;)

Peace and Love,
k.a.f.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimbers,
Thankyou for sharing your journey with us. I miss you and am so proud of you. I am excited for all you are experiencing and learning. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
Love Rach

Anonymous said...

WOW Kimmy,

Your such a thinker, and so wise. I love how much time you put into thinking about this. Although being apart from family and friends is difficult, I think everyone will agree how proud they are of you for doing this. I beleive God has you there for a reason. He will use you there thru your work as well as here - encouraging us on how much one person can make a difference in this world. I wish you all the best as you persue becoming a women of noble character.

Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim,
Thanks for sharing on your blog, my Mom mentioned that I should read it so I did. And I am truly impressed the things you wrote show that you are that woman in the making...just like all of us. I also loved your poem I may just print it off and hang it up to read once and awhile. I love thinking and blossoming people. Thanks love your cousin Becky