Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dengue Fever

Okay. So it looks like I have Dengue Fever. It's spread through Mosquitoes and they still have no vaccine for prevention.

No need to get worried. Thankfully I seem to have contracted the mild version. My symptoms are textbook though. It's weird reading signs and symptoms for an illness and having every single one of them!

They include: fatigue, joint pain, a persistent headache, back pain, poor appetite, a red rash that begins on the legs and chest, fever and... cough cough...toilet issues. And apparantly symptoms last for around 7-8 days.

Ruthie has encouraged me to get my blood examined to confirm that I do indeed have a mild case of the illness and not the Hemorrhagic strain. She has advised me to stay home this week as well. So....it's Wednesday last time I checked and I can't wait for E. to get home from work. I've been watching The Office reruns and I'm beginning to scare myself with Dwight Schrute impersonations.

Oh dear.

2 comments:

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Oh no, poor you! It's pretty cool though, last night our small group was on healing and we prayed for your healing. Didn't know it was dengue fever though. Today and next Wednesday two of the people in my group will be praying for you, here's hoping our prayers work!

Big Freddy smooches,
J.O.E.

Kimberly Foster said...

I'M BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!