Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Millie!!

My Grandma Foster, at the ripe age 93 (i think) years, died peacefully in Dauphin, Manitoba, CANADA on March 30th, 2009 at lunch time.

Her body was struggling with Congestive Heart Failure and she finally was able to let go.

I am saddened that I can't be there with my family and cousins, but I am thinking of you all as you plan for the funeral and the social gatherings...

I am sending a little something for Rachel to read at the funeral. Just some memories.

I love you Grandma and I know you are peaceful. Thank you for loving me with your gentle and simple love.
Love your, Kimmy Alice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Just wanted to tell you (what you probably already know!) that your Grandma knew the important work you were doing in Cambodia and would understand that as much as you wanted to be here that you needed to be there serving where the Lord has placed you. She was very proud of you and your faithfulness in going where God has called you. On one of my last visits with her she was very weak and simply closed her eyes as I held her hand and read Scripture to her and prayed. But three times during the visit she opened her eyes and said things like, "Praise the Lord for my family," and "I thank the Lord." Take heart Kim, for while we grieve for our own loss when a child of God passes we celebrate that where she once walked in faith with the Lord now she walks hand in hand in His presence. "Precious in the eyes of the Lord is the death of His saints."
Blessings,
Tim

Anonymous said...

missed you on the weekend- love ya lots.