Friday, January 2, 2009

Blogging time again?

Happy New Year!

wow. Things I still can't believe:

1. I'm in Cambodia, S.E. Asia!? What!
2. It's January!? What!
3. We just had Christmas!? What!
4. It's 2009!? What!

Honestly. I still can't believe it to be true until I get back to Winnipeg and I see the '09 sticker pasted on my Dynasty's license plate!!! Seriously.

Okay. Yes. It's been a while. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to blog more. Although, right now, to me, that sounds pretty lame. My life is a bit weird. So i guess that makes it a good blog!?

New Year's: It poured on Phnom Penh all night. So after we got stuck in the traffic and the rain didn't let up, we just went home. Some friend's from church came over and we (very un-celebratorily) had the count down at home. After we pulled ourselves away from the dry apartment, we went to a Chinese restaurant where E. drank 2 Red Bulls! and I had 2 SourSop's (it's a fruit drink. and it's sour. as you would assume. yes.). Then we jumped on our mottos and headed down around the airport to a "sister church" of ours and we had a DANCE PARTY!! So...there was a bit of Khmer music but then the J.T. and the T.I. came out and we had loads of fun! We got home at 5 am...and slept the next day away!! obv!

Work: well, the YWAM team has left us so it's back to normal now. i had my first normal day today. it was strange to sit in my chair and ask the usual questions and do the usual things. it's been a month since i last worked in the clinic. And i got a bit scared cause it's coming to the time when Ruthie will leave me! I'm apprensive and also excited. what a challenge?!

Random News: E. and her sister and I were in a photo shoot this afternoon at hotel Cambodiana!
It has to do with promoting tourism to Cambodia. We had to sit at this small round table on the sand, facing the Mekong River. We sat and had cocktails and got filmed doing it! It was really fun! ....nurse...aunty....actress? Sounds good to me!

No comments: