Thursday, March 5, 2009

MIA

Hey, just wanted to quickly say that I've been missing in action as of late and apparently people have been worried....

no need!!

My close Khmer friend here in Cambodia has been having a rough time related to his father suffering from an aneurysm in his brain. His father had the aneurysm on February 1st and recently died on March 1st. I was able to be there for the family and offer my medical advice and comfort to the mother and to my friend.

I am learning so much about Buddhist culture as the funeral and such are Buddhist. It is scary to me. The differences. The fear. The lack of hope that the family feels. It is a 100 day mourning period and yesterday morning the father's body was burned at the pagoda/Wat.

It was very sad and distressing seeing how the family watched his body burning....I love my friend so much and I see him as a brother...which makes it more hard for me to see him losing his father at the age of 21 years.

I have had many people die that were close to me or close to someone I know, in the past 3 weeks. A man who farmed near our farm in Manitoba died of Cancer, my close friend's mother died also of cancer in B.C., now my Khmer friend's father died of an aneurysm and just yesterday one of my patients who was 4 months pregnant with twins lost her babies....

I am exhausted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you have had so much grief, that is hard. Will pray for you and are thinking of you.
Love ya Becky