Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Kampuchea Rains

My Heavenly Treasures cost much more these days;
I'm feeding children apples and elephants money
and my angels are jumping off buildings in their spare time.
These midday winds still clear my mind
and the Kampuchea Rains purify my heart while the dirt still sticks to my shoes.
The moments flip over each other so fast your face got lost weeks ago
and when the babies come running for help;
I see tears in the angels eyes.
And I don't know if I'll be able to meet you on the other side
cause your eyes, i know, can't see the angels cry.

My heart contains both the scents of a Holy Glory and the sour taste of Ache
And I don't know what I'll do with you when the power strikes true
or if the River swells above you-- I might just have to jump through;
cause I left my body back there with you when the plane took flight
but your pretty eyes keep looking to the East
And I wonder what you're going to do when your body gets left behind.
Will you follow it back to the Beginning of Time or silently blow it a kiss good-bye?
All while the Kampuchea Rains fall fast...

No comments: